Mauri Long feels passionate about making better kids for this world. She wants all kids to have the opportunity to fulfill their potential. Teens that have made mistakes should have the chance to turn their lives around, and Ms. Long wants to establish a system that empowers them to do just that.
A proven program is teen-peer courts. Teen-peer courts are a process that provides an alternative, voluntary program which offers young offenders an opportunity to make restitution for an offense through community service, specialized classes and jury service.
- Teen court holds the teen accountable for their offense
- Saves the teen or parent from paying the fine
- Keeps offense off the juvenile’s record
- Gives the teen an opportunity for a positive learning experience
- Increase teen awareness of current laws